Friday, October 9, 2009

Last semester's sculptures


Here are the sculptures I did last semester in sculpture one. I probably should have posted these last semester, but oh well. better late th
an never.

This is the my first sculpture. I think it came out o.k. for a first try. It's made of steel... and well... there's not much more to it. It's untitled:


This is the second sculpture I did. It's made of wood, foam, spackle, a sheet, and plastic resin. The idea was to make an amorphous shape appear to be floating. Unfortunately it ended up looking more like a peanut with a cape on. It's called "Floating Matter":


This is the last sculpture I did in sculpture one last semester. This time I used scrap steel, chains, and concrete to fashion a floating mass of metal. This one was really big, and really heavy. I had to use the crane and a forklift to more it. I really like this sculpture. It actually sways in the wind and give the viewer a very uneasy feeling. It really doesn't look like those chains can possibly be holding it up, but they are. This one is called "Floating Matter 2":


That's all the sculptures I did last semester. I've got a wall piece and a free standing slave robot ashtray I'm working on now. I'll post pictures of those soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment